On Sunday 26th May 2019 we discovered that there had been a fire downstairs in the vestry overnight. It was determined by the attending fire brigade, that this had started because of a battery leak in one of the toys stored for the Mother and Toddler Group “The Bunnies”.
Fortunately, the fire was restricted to the vestry but smoke damage extended to all parts of the building, including the sanctuary, upstairs.
Our Methodist Insurers have been wonderful and appointed a company ‘Richfords’ to carry out the cleaning work.
Our grateful thanks go to all our friends who have offered help, and to our neighbouring Churches who hosted our Services and other events during the time our Church was closed.