On Sunday 26th May we discovered that there had been a fire downstairs in the vestry overnight.  It was determined by the attending fire brigade, that this had started because of a battery leak in one of the toys stored for the Mother and Toddler Group “The Bunnies”.

Fortunately, the fire was restricted to the vestry but smoke damage extended to all parts of the building, including the sanctuary, upstairs.

Our Methodist Insurers have been wonderful and appointed a company ‘Richfords’ to carry out the cleaning work.

Our Chapel will re-open for Services and meetings from Friday 14th June although further work will be required before the kitchen and vestry are fully restored and functioning.

Our grateful thanks go to all our friends who have offered help, and to our neighbouring Churches who have hosted our Services and other events during the time our Church has been closed.